Here is an simple way to personalize and adorn your Easter table with an egg cup vase as a place card. I don't know where I originally saw the idea, but it is a favorite of mine. It is a craft that your guests of all ages can make before dinner, or you can have them already made. A variation is to place a fluffy craft chick inside with the top of the eggshell as a cap! They can be used year after year!
* Wooden egg pedestal (AC Moore Crafts)
* Fresh Egg
* Paper scraps, ribbon, buttons, tiny decorations
* Dainty fresh flowers
* Fluffy craft yellow chick (instead of flowers)
* Glue Gun
Here are the steps to make one:
1. Crack an egg near its top, and reserve egg for a recipe. Carefully rinse out egg and pat dry. Keep the little eggshell top you cracked off for the chick version.
2. Glue, using a hot glue gun, the egg cup to the pedestal.
3. Decorate the outside of the cup with ribbon, buttons, mini flowers, etc.
4. Write the person's name on a little piece of paper and glue.
5. FIll cup with water and arrange flowers or:
6. Tuck craft chick in and glue eggshell cap to its head as its top hat!
Enriching home and family life, especially at the Table